To commemorate those lost in September 11, 2001, the Garden Club planted a Norway Spruce at the skating pond in the Borough and continues to maintain the site with seasonal flowers.
POST OFFICE FLOWERS AND DECORATIONS
EGAN FIELD SIGN
THE POLICE STATION AND TOWN HALL ENTRANCE
BLUE STAR MEMORIAL FOR VETERANS
The Glen was originally created in the 1930's that contains 4 1/2 acres of wooded property, adjacent to the Essex Fells School. It features lined paths, elevated walkways over wetlands, a gazebo, vernal pools, a refurbished circulating spring, a patio and fireplace, a Druid Circle and Victory Garden.
In commemoration of our 100th anniversary the Victory Garden was created in a plot in the Glen. In 1943, the original Victory Gardens were created by the Garden Club in an effort to provide fresh produce and a sense of community for the Borough during WWI. The current Victory Garden was created during the CovID-19 pandemic and the produce harvested is donated to local food pantries to help families in need